
We just got back from my Grandparents' 50th Anniversary party. They are two wonderful and self-sacrificing Christian people . We often joke that if you asked either my grandmother or grandfather to walk from their house in the country to our house in the city barefooted in the winter , they would never ask why , they would just say that they were leaving now. They have been such a blessing and help to the people around them.
We had a wonderful party , with our family and friends. I have been looking forward to this for a while , it was fun to plan and wait for . My grandparents both looked so nice , they really glowed.
It's funny as a child , you always hear adults say how dreary February is , I never paid attention , but now that I'm an adult I really realize how dreary it can be!
So this party was really something to look forward to!
My parents bought the cake and had my grandparents original wedding picture put on the cake , so they were really surprised. We had them cut the cake in the same position they did 50 years ago , so that was really cute .
Of course my grandparents said no gifts , but my brother ,sister and I bought them the roses on the cake table ,and my parents and Uncle bought them a beautiful wallclock with a plaque that said "Happy 50 anniversary Mom and Dad 2008 - With Love from all Your Children , Numbers 6:24-26".
When you go to a party there can be times when something doesn't turn out quite right, but this party was absolutely perfect . I so glad everything turned out right , because we love them so much!








1 comment:
Your help and creativity made everything so lovely Kate, it is so much fun working with you. I know Gram & Pop were so pleased and surprised. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment