Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ~ Dr. Seuss

"As Unto the bow the the cord is ,
So unto the man is woman;
Though she bends him, she obeys him,
Though she draws him , yet she follows:
Useless each without the other."
~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Do you know you have asked for the costliest thing Ever made by the Hand above ?
A woman's heart , and a woman's life-
And a woman's wonderful love."
~ Lena Lathrop


SONNET 116
Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.
~William Shakespere



"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings." ~ Anaïs Nin


"To love would be an awfully big adventure." ~ J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)


"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever." ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson


"There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature."
~ Jane Austen (Northanger Abbey)


"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you." — ~Elbert Hubbard

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up." ~ Neil Gaiman


"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."
~William Goldman (The Princesss Bride)

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her." ~ Max Lucado

"Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone's bad qualities because they somehow complete you." ~ Sarah Dessen (This Lullaby)

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." ~ Robert Frost

"Who, being loved, is poor?" ~ Oscar Wilde

"Love is a better master than duty." ~ Albert Einstein

"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." ~ Emily Brontë


"Do you really think he likes me Lizzi?"
"Jane, he danced with you most of the night and stared at you the rest of it." ~ Jane Austen (Pride and Prejudice)




1 comment:

Mandy said...

What beautiful quotes, Kaitlyn! I like the new design, too! I was finally able to publish an update. I hope I'll be able to do so more often now that I have library access!