Thursday, September 10, 2009

"It's that time of year....."



I have been so excited lately for our new season change. I can honestly say that I enjoy having the ability to watch all four seasons. The Fall in all of it's glory, changing from your summer clothes to your sweaters and exchanging your sandals for your favorite pairs of ballet flats. Enjoying Thanksgiving and then right around the corner, the crisp whiteness of winter comes to meet me.

It always makes me laugh, when people complain about how cold it is outside, I honestly don't know why...What could be more enjoyable than watching the temperature drop, taking time to bake some cookies and curling up on the sofa watching a favorite movie? I love Christmas-time, it is my favorite time of the year, I love everything about it. I love the hustle and bustle of it all, I love that every store is decorated to beautifully, and the fact that everything around you is so exciting, everything that you pass puts a smile on your face, just because you are out enjoying it all.

Then, from Winter we travel to everyone's beloved Spring.....
Spring...where everyday we watch our gardens for the first little head of anything to push through the cold earth. How happy we are, when we don't know what exactly it is, but just to know that once again, a little plant life springs forth showing itself again as a wonder of Creation. Spring, where at 50* we are trying to wear our short-sleeved shirts convincing ourselves that we are not cold, and that we will make it back into our car without getting sick, even though the last of the Winter wind tells us otherwise.

And the last season of all, everyone's favorite but....I am going to be honest, my least favorite of them all...Summer.
Summer, let's see...Summer vacation...when all of the neighborhood children gather into each others backyard to take turns running around the yard, chasing each other for really no reason at all, except for the little game that only in the life of a 7 year old makes any kind of sense. How I long for those times again, times when the crime was your mother calling you inside for the night once it started to get dark. Why didn't we ever notice the temperature, the bugs or even that we were getting hungry around dinner time? All that we knew is that it was Summer, and we were having fun, plain and simple.

And, so in the life of every child when they grow up, (especially girls) when we don't want to go outside any more than we have to, due to most of all the dreaded and feared humidity, and bugs. It's funny to me how adulthood changes us...when the simplicity of an ice pop was a Summer must, to now we eat one and think "When was the last time I had one of these?" Oh, the little joys of childhood!

Summertime, when you enjoy sitting on the front porch, listening to the one or two crickets voice their opinion about the night, other than that the occasional car going by. Enjoying the warm soft breeze, that as I sit there, just makes itself known by the gentle movement of the tree branches in front of my house. The Summer thunderstorm, the lighting and the complete downpour. The storm that as you get excited for, at times makes you disappointed that it wasn't just a little longer. This, I can honestly say, I do enjoy!



~The beauty of Creation is so wonderful, how blessed I am to know the Creator of it all.~



Genesis 1:31 "And God saw everything He had made, and, behold, it was very good...."



Psalm 68:32-35 "Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah.
To him that rideth upon the heavens of heavens, which were of old; lo, he doth send out his voice, and that a mighty voice.
Ascribe ye strength unto God: his excellency is over Israel, and his strength is in the clouds.
O God, thou art terrible out of thy holy places: the God of Israel is he that giveth strength and power unto his people. Blessed be God."