Mr. Kralik: Miss Novak?
Miss Novak: Yes, Mr.Kralik?
Mr.Kralik: Now, I noticed you wore a yellow blouse yesterday with light green dots on it---
Miss Novak: No, Mr.Kralik, as usual you are mistaken. It was a green blouse with light yellow dots on it, and everyone else thought it quite becoming. I don't remember ever remarking to you about your neckties...and believe me Mr.Kralik, if you don't think I couldn't say anything about your neckties just ask Mr.Vadish, so please leave my blouse alone, it's none of your business.
Mr.Kralik: Well, I'm sorry but Mr.Matuschek seems to think it is my business.
Miss Novak: Yes, that's right, I'm working under you! Well from now on I'll telephone you every morning and describe exactly what I'm going to wear. Imagine you dictating what I should wear!"
Mr. Krolick: Well for heavens sake! If you want to look like a pony in the circus go ahead! But I have troubles of my own without your blouse coming between Mr.Matuschek and me !
Miss Novak: Listen, I sold as much goods as anyone else in the shop! Did you tell that to Mr.Matuschek ?
Mr.Krolick: Yes, I did!
Miss Novak: And what did he say?!
Mr. Krolick: Tell her not to come in that blouse anymore!
Miss Novak: Tell him I won't!!!
Mr. Krolick: I will!!!(this is one of my top 3 all time favorite movies, and the fact that i'm on a black and white movie kick, this one was just perfect to post on...hysterically funny and yet serious in some spots. the way the sweetness of Jimmy Stewart played so well off of the fiery-ness of Margaret Sullivan was just amazing.
i've also been enjoying just the actual opening to the movies, the music is bespeaks such a bygone era, i love it.)

3 comments:
eek! i love that movie, too. :) can you believe i hadn't seen it until last year? now you are making me want a re-watch.
I'm watching this movie now!!! One of my favorites, I have to watch it every Christmas!
Hope you and your family are having a blessed and happy Christmas season! :)
thanks mandy! i hope you do as well! :)
Post a Comment