Monday, March 30, 2009

An Amazing Book

I found this book in a drawer in our Living Room, I knew that when I started to flip through it that I had to do read it. These books by our by-gone spiritual forefathers are amazing amazing treasures...you don't find books written like this today. This little book is only 87 pages....but every single paragraph leaves you amazed. In the past I have tried to just read books like this without taking notes, but it's impossible-there are to many things that you learn and try to remember that end up getting forgotten, so I have taken to always reading it with a notebook and pen nearby.
As I read this book I will share some of my notes that I take, I hope you will be as blessed reading the little excerpts as I am reading the book. Enjoy, Kaitie

~ "The power to believe a promise depends entirely on the faith in the one who promises. Trust in a person creates trust in his word. It is only when we enjoy a personal loving relationship with God himself that our whole being is opened up to the mighty influence of His Holy presence and the capacity will be developed in us for believing that He gives whatever we ask."

~"Through my eyes I yield myself to the influence that is before me; I enter my mind, to exhert its influence and leave its impression on my heart
.So believing God is simply looking to He is, basking in His presence, yielding my whole being to take in His presence, yielding my whole being to take in the full impression of who He is, opening my soul to receive His love".

~ "Yes, faith is the eye to which God reveals himself. Through faith, the light of His presence and the workings of His mighty power stream into the soul. As that which I see and behold lives in me, so by faith God lives in me."

~ "....As the words I hear enter my mind and work their influence, so faith through God enters my heart and works His influence there."

These notes are only a few from the first 3 pages!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That sounds like such a good book! I'll have to find a copy of it.

BTW, I love your new header! Did you take the picture!