Last week I had a funny lesson with our long time Piano Teacher and friend, who, since last year, has been my Voice Teacher as well, it went something like this:
Mrs.Lewko : "Okay, that was good but I want you to try yelling the words."
Me: "Yelling the words?...."
Mrs.Lewko: "Yes, like this: Lovely are the Woodlands, With their wealth of fragrant flowers, Birds and Bees sing harmonies, To wile away the hours." Now, you try. Since you tend to sing quietly, when you say it loudly, you will get used to singing it loudly as well. You try it now."
Me, After I hear my brother laughing in her waiting area : "Lovely are the Woodlands..."
The two of us broke out in laughs...
Mrs.Lewko: "Louder."
Me: "Lovely are the Woodlands.."
Mrs.Lewko: "That was better, but it still has to be louder. Say it with me: Lovely are....."
Listening to my brother really laughing at the two of us.....
When it was time for my brothers Piano Lesson, he turned to her jokingly and said : "I dare you to lean out your front door and yell that!" (As she lives on a busy street.) LOL
1 comment:
LOL! I quite understand why you sing quietly, though!
Anna
Post a Comment