Friday, October 9, 2009

I Can't ...... Ever.....

When we first arrived in Hilton Head, I would spend time just taking things in... like when I would just sit on the beach and take in the beauty of the landscape.
To be honest on the first day we were at the beach, for a second I felt small in comparison to the sea that went on and on for as far as I could see... small in comparison to the vastness and "bigness" of the sky.
But as soon as I was met with that thought, my very next was that my God created this all, He spoke everything I see into existence.

I started thinking about just how blessed I am to have a relationship with the Lord, that I was worth it to my Heavenly Father, worth sending His Son to die for me, so that I could live eternally in Heaven with Him. That He has time for me alone, and that I am never overlooked. (Matthew 10:29-31) Just that thought alone made me overwhelmed with love for my God. Every time I went for a walk along the water, or just when I was sitting in a beach chair, I felt His love so precious to me.

Then on the day that we left I found this song ,that to me, sums up everything I was thinking by my favorite Christian singer, Chris Tomlin.

My lips cannot hold back any praise to my loving and precious Savior. How can I? He is (as it says in Genesis 15:1) "....thy (my) exceeding great reward."


No comments: